Investing in business technology is not merely an option, it is a necessary investment for every business committed to sustainable growth.
Organizations face three common challenges in business technology expenditure:
a) Identifying the right business technology to address the company’s specific business requirements
- It is common for business managers to not be well-versed in the availability of IT technology and for IT managers to not be fully privy to the challenges of running the business.
- As a result, technology implemented may either not live up to business unit’s expectation or are over-specified.
b) Negotiating and on-going vendor management
- IT Managers are typically tasked with negotiating large capex investments with savvy technology sales vendors. However, they are unlikely to have in-depth of knowledge of common negotiation tactics employed by sales to ensure the best possible deal for the company.
- During and post implementation, active vendor management has to be conducted to manage variation orders and scope changes.
c) Ensuring user adoption of new technology
- Business users are typically reluctant to actively participate in what is perceived to be merely IT projects, however their input in defining business requirements and testing are key to them adopting the new technology as part of their day to day work.
What we offer
- IT Procurement Advisory
- Identifying business requirements for an IT project
- Managing an RFI / RFP process including vendor selection
- Coaching Finance / IT or other Managers involved in the negotiation on approaches and typical contract structures
Internal Change Management Advisory
- We believe in change management being driven internally, and will provide advisory services to project leaders / managers within your organization to ensure user adoption of new technology.
For more information, please contact us.